If you haven't got a clear approach to safeguarding we can introduce one:
- Drafting a Safeguarding Policy to incorporate into your staff handbook or management procedures.
- Running teach-in sessions for your trustees, staff and volunteers.
- Guidance on obtaining Enhanced Disclosure reports from the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB).
- Vital guidance on how to interpret the reports from the CRB and what actions to take.
- Balancing your need to protect vulnerable groups with your obligations under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act - you can't simply blacklist everyone with any kind of criminal record.